Do you enjoy the thrill of having your email inbox “blow up” with interview requests from the world's top journalists? Would you love to call up a startup CEO to tell her that you've just secured The New York Times placement that will change her life? Would you love to turn on the TV or walk down the supermarket aisle and hear everyone talking about your creative campaign?
If the rock star we just described sounds like you, we would love to have you join us as a PR Account Executive (who we refer to in our company as a "campaign hacker").
We're not like every other agency — or really, any other agency. We're re-imagining everything the PR industry could be and then making it a reality for our clients. With our story-based, data-driven approach, you'll have the tools to turn share-worthy ideas into viral campaigns, and you'll be given the freedom to try new things. As a leader in our Account Management and Publicity team, you'll interact on a daily basis with both big-name clients and top-tier media outlets. And you'll most certainly build a press contact list that puts publicists at other agencies to shame.
- Strategize and execute complex PR, social media, and digital marketing campaigns
- Respond quickly to inquiries and requests from thousands of media contacts
- Build relationships with media to grow the PR Hacker reporter network
- Monitor coverage for clients and their competitors to drive campaign strategy
- Gather media placements and generate quantitative and qualitative reports
- Write interview prep materials, client briefings, and email pitches
- Coordinate campaigns with top bloggers and other key influencers
- Update and manage expectations to ensure client happiness
- Conduct high-energy media training sessions
- Work on “agency council” brand teams with large global ad and digital agencies
- Manage the politics and personalities of working with important executives at big companies
- Use new technology tools that help us scale our client work
- 3+ years work experience at a digital, advertising, or PR agency (or else experience “in-house” at a prominent brand, media outlet, or fast-growing startup)
- Proactive, media relations-focused approach to campaigns and client management
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to act as primary agency representative at client meetings and strategically present campaign concepts
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic and pop culture savvy
- A natural inclination to stay connected on email, SMS, phone, and social media
- An amazing ability to stay organized and manage complex projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Your own personal network of potential media and client contacts
- Experience working on agency teams for large brands with complex marketing campaigns
- A love of dogs and cats (we have a lot of pet brands as clients!)
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
We’re not a traditional PR firm. We've become the world's fastest-growing PR, social, and digital agency because of our unique story-based and data-driven approach. We have offices in Austin, New York, San Francisco and soon-to-open London. If you want the feel of a fast-growing startup with the variety of client work that comes from a top agency, then you've come to the right place.
At PR Hacker, we're also a close-knit family. Our team of world-class writers, communicators, storytellers, designers, data wranglers, developers, and viral marketers feels like the early days of Facebook or Google... we're a rocket ship and we'd love to have you join us for the ride.
- We're quick with a joke and it feels like family
- Flexibility to carve out your own niche
- Ability to influence the future of the company
- Snacks, snacks, snacks: Stay fueled with weekly deliveries of the good stuff.
- Health + Dental + Optical Benefits: We care about your wellness and want to help. 401k Plan: We match your retirement contributions, so you can save more.
- Personal Development: We'll help you become the best version of yourself.
- Cross-office desk swap abilities with company Airbnb-style lodging in each city
- Work Hard, Play Hard: Life's too short not to have a good time