Do you enjoy the thrill of having your email inbox “blow up” with interview requests from the world’s top journalists? Do you have a personal network of media contacts in New York or throughout the U.S.? Are you a former full-time PR professional who can still make important client contributions but would rather work in a freelance part-time capacity?
If the person we just described sounds like you, we would love to have you join us as a Freelance Publicist.
Because we’re based in San Francisco but do substantial work in New York, we’re looking to expand our East Coast presence. We need a responsive, detail-oriented publicist who can pitch, prep, and respond to media requests on East Coast time (especially during morning hours).
At PR Hacker, we’re re-imagining everything a PR firm can be. With our story-based, data-driven approach, you’ll have the tools to turn share-worthy ideas into viral campaigns on behalf of Silicon Valley’s top tech startups as well big brands like Budweiser, Mercedes-Benz, Smuckers, and Milk-Bone.
- Respond quickly to inquiries and daily requests from hundreds of media contacts
- Pitch broadcast, print, and online media outlets using PR Hacker systems
- Monitor coverage for clients and their competitors to drive campaign strategy
- Create interview prep materials and client briefings
- Write the occasional blog post on behalf of a client
- Coordinate campaigns with top bloggers and other key influencers
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise):
- 5+ years work experience at a digital, advertising, or PR agency (or else experience “in-house” at a prominent brand, media outlet, or fast-growing startup)
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated in a remote work capacity
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic and pop culture savvy
- A natural inclination to stay connected on email, SMS, phone, and social media
- An amazing ability to stay organized and manage complex projects
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
Location and Hours:
- Part-time: This is a great position for someone who doesn’t want the 9-5 grind, but still wants to remain in the game. Target hours to start are 5 to 15 hours per week.
- New York City based — we have a small Manhattan office, but this is primarily a position to work from home.
- Your own personal network of potential New York media and client contacts
- Experience working on the media side as a print or broadcast journalist